Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time for a Vacation!

We sure have been busy bees the last couple of weeks! SO MUCH happiness and craziness!

Last week we ventured to California. I'll give you a brief recap of what we did there..we got to go and see so many things (we really didn't rest for more than two seconds).

Disneyland and California Adventure --- We heart this place! Our favorite rides this year: The new Toy Story 3-D Carnival Ride and Tower of Terror. There is always the oldies but goodies too like Alice in Wonderland and Space Mountain.


Universal Studios --- A lot of walking, and running up about 400 stairs from the bottom to the top! The Mummy ride is also the scariest ride ever..pitch black and backwards!!

Sea World --- You have to love Shamu and the crazy trainers they have - who wouldn't love to do that for a living!? I mean, come on!

San Diego Zoo --- That zoo puts our Hogle Zoo to shame! I've been there before, but I didn't remember how big it was! Once again, a LOT of walking. The Koala's are my favorite - so cuddly!!


Mission Beach, San Diego --- We ventured to the gorgeous beach..my MOST favorite part of California. I tried to convince Tyler we should move here, but alas, he denied me my wish..Don't worry, I'll get him one day!



Sunday was my Dad's 51st Birthday. We planned a surprise party for him at my house. Our family never does surprise ANYthings - so needless to say, he was shocked. We lured him to our house with this phrase, "Uh, Dad, the water pipe looks like it broke and it is leaking into our basement."  The look on his face (see pic below) is priceless..boy was he happy when he realized all his kids were there and ready to celebrate.. instead of having to fix a broken pipe and basement full of water. Gotcha Dad!!


All for now, tons more to come in our lives I am SURE!!



3 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

what a fun trip to California. Happy birthday to your dad.

Mike and Madelyn said...

FUN!!! I am way jealous

Ashlee and Sam said...

LOoks like fun!!! Lets hang out soon!!!