Friday, August 5, 2011

All About Davis!

It is very true what they say...once you have a baby, your life completely changes. Our life has changed for the better for sure. For those of you who don't know (and who don't see all the many many pics I post of Davis on Facebook..haha) we had a baby!

I am a little late posting this obviously, but it's ok because "I just had a baby."
PS That phrase has become one of my favorite excuses for everything!
I know I'm fat, but I just had a baby.
No I can't go workout, because I just had a baby.
Sorry, we cant make it to the reunion in Timbuktu because I just had a baby...etc etc :)

Anyhoo..the story about Davis' birth was pretty uneventful. I was terrified to actually HAVE the baby, but it wasn't all that bad. I had to get induced because he was 1 week late. It took about 10 hours for the drugs to get me to a 10 so I could push him out. I don't know what everyone was complaining about when they told me the pushing was the worst part. They lied. The pushing was the BEST part! All I wanted to do was push! :) I won't bore you with all the gory details, but he arrived into our lives healthy and crying!

At 9:11 pm, he came into our lives weighing 8 pounds, 3 ounces and 20 inches long. Davis Ryan Haggin was finally here! These first few weeks have been crazt, amazing, stressful at times, tiring, but mostly they have been full of joy!

Today he is 6 weeks and 5 days. It really is bananas how fast time flies. I am lucky enough to get to stay home with him and see all the fun stages of his life. He is finally starting to coo and smile instead of just being a cute littl blob. Ty and i get so excited when we make him smile. Its the little things right?

We love him sooooooo much and cant wait to have plenty of adventures with him.

Here are a few pics of him that I love! He has SO MANY FACES!!
First pics of D taken by our friends Bryan & Rachel
Love this! This was the Photo of the Day on the website Spearmintbaby.com


About 5 minutes old..

First Car Ride home

Davis & Daddy time

First sleep smile..

Mommy & her monkey

Just chillin'

Look who can sit up!

He finally likes bath time! YAY!

All smiles!