Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Madness & Halloween Hijinks

October absolutely FLEW by! Actually, come to think of it..so has this whole year. I can't believe it's November 1st!! Woweeee. The last couple of weeks have been completely insane. We have been running around like mad people. Working, hanging out with friends, hanging out with family, going to parties and baking, cooking and baking some more. I have baked my little hands off (literally, I have burns to prove it) but it has been worth it! I know I said I would take pics and post them..but I seem to have forgotten that. I promise I HAVE been cooking though - ask my hubby - he is one happy man. He will say things like, "Oh so THIS is what a wife is like." Ha Ha. And then I hit him with my spatula. It's all in jest - don't worry :)

We went to a Halloween party last weekend with some of our friends. I personally am not a big Halloween fan. For 2 reasons. One - I hate spending money on a costume that I'll probably never wear again. Two - I eat all of the candy before the trick-or-treaters even come to our door on Oct. 31. (Total bags of candy bought this year to replace the ones we've eaten - 3). Tyler decided to MAKE his costume this year. I was a lot nervous about him using needle and thread to handsew his costume together.. He lovingly, painstakingly made full fledged Bear Arms (he is the Second Amendment by the way which is the "right to bear arms"..get it? Bear Arms?) Ha well he thought it was HIL-arious..so I went along with it. They turned out great, don't you think? Pretty dang good for a guy..or a girl for that matter!



And I...was just a lumberjack. I bought a $17 shirt and a $4 plastic axe and I was golden. We had a lot of fun at the party!




On Halloween, Ty really wanted to go to the Real Playoff Game. So we went - he was SO SO happy I would go to a sports game of any kind - and it was really fun. They scored ONE GOAL which I thought was pretty great considering every time I watch soccer they never seem to do anything but run up and down the court..or is it field? :) Then after we came home and gave candy to our maybe ten little witches and spidermans and threw a little party at our house. It was a very fun, relaxing, low-key Halloween. Just how I liked it!




I do have one recipe that I made that I will share with you. To get you into the Fall spirit. It absolutely will warm your tummies...and it's super EASY! I hope you like it..let me know what you think!

Yummy White Chili (serves 6)


2 cans Chicken or Turkey (I used chicken - I think it's better)
1 can Chicken Broth
2 (4oz.) cans Green Chillies
2 (15oz.) cans Great Northern Beans
1 c. Sour Cream
1/2 c. Vanilla Yogurt


Seasoning:
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. ground Cumin
1 tsp. dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper


Directions: Drain & Rinse beans. Drain & Shred Chicken. Combine all ingredients (except sour cream and yogurt) in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in sour cream and yogurt and heat through.

Eat and Enjoy!!

Happy Holiday Season! If you all have any recipes to share as well..please do!!



1 comment:

TheKeilShpeel said...

I'm still working on being a wife that cooks too. One day right:). You guys look cute. Happy Halloween.